Here is a recipe by Freggies Organic Produce Delivery for BBQ Cauliflower “Steak”. Cauliflower is a great meat substitute and absorbs flavors.
Perfect for game days!
1 cauliflower head
For the BBQ Sauce:
1 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 lemon (juice)
2 tsp soy sauce
1. Cut the cauliflower in to two ‘steaks’. (Don’t remove the bulb at the bottom – this is what will keep your steaks intact) & place on a baking tray
2. Save the remaining florets
3. Put the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl & mix them together
4. Cover the steaks with sauce – use a brush if you have one
5. Cover the remaining florets in the rest of the bbq sauce
6. Bake at 200℃ (392℉) for 40 minutes (or at least until they’re starting to darken significantly)
7. Serve with cooked tomatoes & crispy fries
Freggies offers produce delivery in the Burien area!